Placement
A diary of tasks completed
Instant Print is a local company that specialises in Business Cards, Letterheads, Leaflets, Invites and cards, Stationery, Banner and all your essential business needs. Instant print provides a professional and efficient Printing service with 20 years experience in the printing industry. Instant Print also does work in Graphic design, Vehicle Graphics, Web Design and Branding Design and pride themselves on the high quality standard of work that they have been creating over the past 20 years.
A few of the people that they have worked with include Halfords, Marks and Spencer, Morgan McLernon, Philip White Tyres, NWP Recycling, Armagh City Banbridge and Craigavon, Linwoods and Fane Valley Feeds just to name a few.
A few of the people that they have worked with include Halfords, Marks and Spencer, Morgan McLernon, Philip White Tyres, NWP Recycling, Armagh City Banbridge and Craigavon, Linwoods and Fane Valley Feeds just to name a few.
A few of the people that they have worked with include Halfords, Marks and Spencer, Morgan McLernon, Philip White Tyres, NWP Recycling, Armagh City Banbridge and Craigavon, Linwoods and Fane Valley Feeds just to name a few. During my time at Instant Print I did a number of different tasks throughout the day including designing leaflets, flyers, business cards, forecourt over bags, and wedding booklets to name a few. I also helped them out with the post production process where i did a range of different tasks for them to help them get all their different products out to all the different clients across the whole of Ireland.
I created
and designed three different business cards for Maison for their different
members of staff which is a local Estate Agency in Armagh who frequently use
Instant Print for all there printing needs. For the business cards they
provided me with the information that they wanted included on each of them
which was the company logo, name of the business, slogan, name of the estate
agent, their job title, address, contact number, email address and website. For
the colour scheme I stuck to the colours that where included in the company
logo and other products that had been created for them by Instant Print which
was Grey, Yellow and White which helped to tie the business cards to there
already well-known business.
I then
went on to make a small business sized consultation card for another local business
Petra’s Hair Salon, who requested to have the name of the client, date of appointment,
name of stylist and addition notes. As this was a small business sized card I designed
both size of the card one side with the information that they wanted on it and
the other side with address, opening hours and telephone number. I also
included a photo of one of there models that they had sent Instant Print before
for a previous job on both sides of the consultation card.
Another Job
that I done while at Instant Print was to create and design was the cover of a
clients wedding booklet. They had requested that Included the names of the
couple getting married, the date of the ceremony and also the location of the ceremony.
I then went on to create the cover and included all the aspects that they
wished for and also a photograph of St. Patricks Cathedral Armagh where the ceremony
was taken place.
Another
job that I done while on placement was to create and design posters for Michael
Grew’s Grange Bus Hire I created two different posters for Michael for him to
be able to decide which of the two he liked the best. I was giving the
information that needed to be included on the posters such as Name of company, contact
number, email address and a few functions that he has recently done such as
weddings, sporting events, airport runs and formals. For creating the poster, I
used the colour scheme of the company for every aspect of the poster. The poster
needed to be informative yet eye catching so I included all the information
that they had provided me with and also included an image of a bus in the background
of the poster with the text over the top of it so it is easy to see and read.
I did a
number of different jobs for Instant Print themselves such as making a forecourt
over bag for in front of the business centre where they are located to advertise
their business to the passing public. I made them a basic yet informative over
bag for them listing a few things that they do. Another job that I done for Instant
Print was to create a envelop for them including the logo and address. I also
included a range of text saying brochures, flyers and cards and then also included
that they provide same day dispatch, online support and chat with our designers
via their website. For the envelop I used the colour scheme of Instant Print
which help to tie it all together. I also keep Instant Prints facebook page
update with all their recent work that they had created and also helped them to
run a competition on their page which was to help build a following.
As Instant
Print is also a print and web business I was also helping them to organise and
pack their products that had already been done and printed. I used a range of
different machines which stapled, laminated and folded into the proper format
that was needed for each of the different projects. During my time in Instant
Print David also showed me how to use the old press printing machine that they
use for different simple prints such as slips for the local bookmakers in the
town and lids for mushroom packaging.
During my
time in Instant Print I learnt a lot such as learning how to use Adobe Illustrator
which I had never used during my two years of being a university and also during
my time at GCSE doing Media Studies and also during A-Level. So, once I went in
and they give me a brief lesson on how to use the software I then went on to
mess about with the software to give me a feel for everything that it did which
allowed me to proceed to create all my different jobs that I had to create.
Adobe Illustrator is a more industry used software which is why Instant Print
use it.
Illustrator
is a graphic-driven software that is mostly used to create vector graphics and
is used alongside. As instant print creates a wide range of logos this software
is ideal for them to use. By learning to use this software will allow me to use
it for a range of different aspect of next years coursework and also when I graduate
and go into full time work. From doing my work placement it has also give me a
brief insight of what It will be like to work in the media industry. As it has showed
and thought me what is expected of you and your work.








Comments
Post a Comment